Friday, January 22, 2010

Poor Google

Google has a problem that I'm sure will make you cry yourself to sleep: they don't know where to put some $24B in cash holdings they have. With that kind of money, careful research is done and expensive opinions sought. So where would you put it?

This New York Times article [1] suggests they pay it out as dividends to their shareholders, which makes sense to me. If I had that kind of money I would probably go into venture capitalism. Despite the collapse of the credit economy, America has plenty of good investment opportunities. But you'll find none along well-trodden pathways.

Well, there is no end to investment advice on the Internet, but for the record, since Google supports my blog, I'll just say, maybe there is no hurry for them to invest it anywhere, and there is no shame in keeping cash where it is.

Sources:
1. A Good Place for Google's Cash.

No comments: